Eisco Calcite Specimen (Mineral), Approx. 1" (3cm)
- Calcite sample approximately 1" (3cm) in size
- Ideal for students to use during lessons on chemical reactions - calcite is one of few minerals that effervesce in acid
- Perfect size for use in classroom identification labs and exercises, correlates well to Next Generation Science Standards Evidence Statements
- A standard in the Moh's scale of hardness and a shining example of three-plane rhombic cleavage
- Specimen comes in clear labeled and barcoded bag for ideal storage
- Average Specimen Size - 2-3 cm
Calcite is made up of calcium carbonate. It can grow into rocks, animal shells, chalk, and translucent, rhombic minerals. A universally useful mineral, calcite can be used most effectively to teach students about mineral hardness, cleavage, light refraction, and effervescence.