Eisco Conglomerate Specimen (Sedimentary Rock), Approx. 1" (3cm)
- Conglomerate sample approximately 1" (3cm) in size
- The large clasts within this rock are ideal for teaching students about rounding and sorting
- Perfect size for use in classroom identification labs and exercises, correlates well to Next Generation Science Standards Evidence Statements
- Conglomerate is well rounded and poorly sorted, indicating it was deposited and formed in running water
- Specimen comes in clear labeled and barcoded bag for ideal storage
- Average Specimen size - 2-3 cm
The large clasts in conglomerate indicate that the pieces of rock underwent a large amount of rolling, bouncing, and other weathering to become round. This implies deposition in a river far from the source of the clasts. This specimen is useful for learning about depositional environments and the identification of sedimentary rocks.