Electric Clinostat for Demonstrating Heliotropism and Geotropism - Eisco Labs
- Sturdy steel base with rubber feet for traction
- Protective acrylic cover to protect seedlings
- Rotates 360 degrees per hour to provide a simulated weightless environment
- Spindle mounted motor allows platform to be clamped in a fixed position at any angle
- Requires adapter for 220-240V European Plug. Does not work with a step down transformer
This premium quality clinostat is an essential tool for the study of heliotropism and geotropism. The unit essentialy provides a simulated weightless environment by rotating 360 degrees over a period of time. Germinating seedlings are pinned to the cork platform which is rotated electronically at four revolutions per hour. The motor is spindle mounted and may be clamped so that the place of the cork can be set at any angle between horizontal and vertical. An acrylic cover shields seedlings from droughts. Consider adding Eisco Labs Plant Pot Holder (BI0246) for a more complete repertoire of possible experiments.
Requires adapter for 220-240V European Plug Wattage: 1.5W Fuse: F 0.1A. Product does not work with a step down transformer.