Eisco Labs 4-6V Premium U-Form Wire Electromagnet
- Measures approximately 4.75" x 4" x 1.75" (12 x 10 x 4.5cm)
- Magnet comes as two coils wrapped on a U-shaped metal frame with attached armature
- Connect to a power supply at 4-6V and start magnetizing
- Great tool for teaching electromagnetics in the classroom
- Can be used to pick up metal objects, filter magnetics, and build pendulums
When electric current runs through both coils of copper wire, it produces a magnetic field. Test the load limit of this U-shaped magnet using the attached armature. Perfect for physics demonstrations teaching students about electricity and magnetism.
Comprised of a 9mm diameter soft iron U, two copper wire coils measuring 0.7mm in diameter (270 turns). Two, 4mm sockets to connect to 4-6 volts D.C. power source.
Use magnet with a DC power supply such as Eisco Labs' 1A Regulated AC/DC Power Supply (PH1323A). Operational voltage is between 4 and 6 volts.