Eisco Calcite Specimen (Mineral), Approx. 1" (3cm) - Pack of 12
- Pack of 12 Calcite samples approximately 1" (3cm) in size
- Ideal for students to use during lessons on chemical reactions - calcite is one of few minerals that effervesce in acid
- Perfect size for use in classroom identification labs and exercises, correlates well to Next Generation Science Standards Evidence Statements
- A standard in the Moh's scale of hardness and a shining example of three-plane rhombic cleavage
- Specimens come in clear, labeled and barcoded bags for ideal storage
Calcite is made up of calcium carbonate. It can grow into rocks, animal shells, chalk, and translucent, rhombic minerals. A universally useful mineral, calcite can be used most effectively to teach students about mineral hardness, cleavage, light refraction, and effervescence. Pack of 12 .