Eisco Anthracite Coal Specimen (Metamorphic Rock), Approx. 1" (3cm)
- Anthracite coal sample approximately 1" (3cm) in size
- Denser than bituminous coal, with a higher proportion of carbon
- Perfect size for use in classroom identification labs and exercises, correlates well to Next Generation Science Standards Evidence Statements
- Students can get a close look at a material that powers the world
- Specimen comes in clear labeled and barcoded bag for ideal storage
- Average Specimen Size - 2-3 cm
Coal is formed in anoxic environments from compressed organic matter, and is used worldwide as a fuel source. Anthracite coal is bright and reflective, indicative of the intense heat and pressure required to form it. Anthracite coal often has a favorable purity ratio, containing mostly organic material and relatively few impurities.