Specular Hematite Specimen, Approx. 1" (3cm) - Pack of 12
- Pack of 12 Specular hematite samples approximately 1" (3cm) in size
- Though chemically equivalent to earthy hematite, this variety contains sparkling crystals
- Perfect size for use in classroom identification labs and exercises, correlates well to Next Generation Science Standards Evidence Statements
- Hematite is identified by its distinctive red-brown streak
- Specimen comes in clear labeled and barcoded bag for ideal storage
Hematite comes in many forms. The specular variety takes the form of tiny iron oxide crystals. When powdered, they still produce hematite's diagnostic red-brown streak, indicative of the mineral's chemistry. Hematite is useful for lessons on mineral physical properties, and can be used in classrooms of any level. Each samples is approximately 1" long, and comes in a labeled plastic bag.