Eisco Fluorite Specimen (Mineral), Approx. 1" (3cm)
- Fluorite sample approximately 1" (3cm) in size
- Great example for students to study an uncommon 4-plane cleavage pattern
- Perfect size for use in classroom identification labs and exercises, correlates well to Next Generation Science Standards Evidence Statements
- Ideal for use in lessons on Mohs' hardness scale
- Specimen comes in clear labeled and barcoded bag for ideal storage
Fluorite has a Mohs scale hardness of 4, and is one of very few minerals that has 4 perfect planes of cleavage. Fluorite can be translucent or come in a variety of dazzling colors, such as purple, green, and blue. These properties make fluorite perfect for hands-on lessons about hardness and cleavage, as well as the fickle method of identifying minerals by color. This sample is also available in packs of 12.