Eisco Galena Specimen (Mineral), Approx. 1" (3cm)
- Galena sample approximately 1" (3cm) in size
- Useful as a tool to explain specific gravity to students - galena is far denser than most minerals
- Perfect size for use in classroom identification labs and exercises, correlates well to Next Generation Science Standards Evidence Statements
- Reflective cubic crystals offer a shining example of metallic luster
- Specimen comes in clear labeled and barcoded bag for ideal storage
- Average Specimen Size - 2-3 cm
Galena grows in beautiful metallic cubes. Often refined as lead ore, galena can also be used to teach students about a mineral's luster, streak, and cleavage. Because of the lead in the chemical formula, galena is much denser than most minerals, and will seem unnaturally heavy for its size.