Eisco Science Fair Kits, Eco-Structure Building Challenge
- Design and build affordable, energy efficient, clean, safe and structurally sound building models!
- Structural elements include corrugated cardboard and chip board, foam pads for insulation, Cello sheets for window material, and a full roll of masking tape.
- Set also includes thermometer to test structure insulation and summer/winter solar resiliance/usage, and a photocell with leads to measure the amount of natural light.
- Enough materials are included to build both a prototype and final version.
- Guide includes guidelines for a STEM challenge, Bill of Materials Worksheet, Judging Rubric, Test Result Calculation Sheet.
Worldwide, there is a housing and homelessness crisis. 100 million individuals are homeless (United Nations, 2005 survey). 1.6 billion live in substandard housing (Habitat for Humanity, 2015). 22.5 million are refugees (United Nations, 2016). 550,000 are homeless in the US each night (HUD, 2017). 6-10 million individuals in the United States face severe housing cost burden or are ‘doubled-up,’ living with family or friends (National Alliance to End Homelessness, 2016).
The challenge to engineers is clear: design safe, affordable housing that is good for the health and well-being of people and the planet. This kit allows budding architects and engineers to try their hand at this daunting task using simple materials. The kit is intended for class-room or school-wide STEM challenge competitions but can be adapted for home use. Enough materials are provided to allow student teams to build a prototype as well as a final version. The final version can be put through 2 solar radiation tests (summer inclination and winter inclination), 1 ambient light test, and 2 structural integrity tests (wind and snow).
|We don't have that information available online. If you'd like to know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get you that information ASAP.|
|Instructions||Please register as a teacher or distributor to view and download instructions.|
|High Resolution Image||Please register as a teacher or distributor to view and download high resolution images.|