Eisco Diorite Specimen (Igneous Rock), Approx. 1" (3cm) - Pack of 12
- Twelve diorite samples approximately 1" (3cm) in size
- Presence of both mafic and felsic minerals make diorite a perfect example of intermediate igneous chemistry
- Perfect size for use in classroom identification labs and exercises, correlates well to Next Generation Science Standards Evidence Statements
- Large crystal size accommodates mineral identification with a hand lens
- Specimen comes in clear labeled and barcoded bag for ideal storage
- Average Specimen Size - 2-3 cm
Diorite straddles the line between mafic and felsic rock chemistry, making it ideal for lessons in bulk chemistry. The minerals within diorite can be readily identified due to their large size, and by comparing the relative abundance of each mineral, a rough chemical makeup can be obtained.