Mohs Hardness Kit - Contains 9 specimens measuring approx. 1" (3cm) - Eisco Labs
- Kit contains nine mineral samples, each with a distinct hardness, and a specimen key
- Can be used in the field, in the laboratory, or for personal use to determine the hardness of an unidentified sample
- Fantastic classroom tool for hands-on demonstration of mineral hardness
- Samples contained include talc, gypsum, calcite, fluorite, apatite, feldspar, quartz, topaz, and corundum
- Samples are numbered and stored in a sturdy, sectioned container for easy access and safe keeping
This kit contains nine specimens used as standards on the Mohs Hardness scale. These samples can be used in the classroom or in the field to test the hardness of an unknown mineral sample up to a hardness of 9. They can also be used in classroom activities to determine hardness relative to each other by testing each mineral on glass, copper, and other testing materials. This kit contains nine numbered specimens and a specimen key. Talc, contained in the kit, is chemically similar to asbestos; however, it is structurally different, and harmless as talc.