Eisco Metamorphic Rocks Kit - Contains 12 specimens measuring approx. 1" (3cm)
- Kit contains twelve metamorphic rock samples and a specimen key
- Study the foliation and alteration of these metamorphic rocks to understand the immense heat and pressure needed to form them
- Great classroom tool for metamorphic rock classification and identification
- Samples contained include anthracite coal, banded gneiss, augen gneiss, fine and coarse marble, phyllite, white and pink quartzite, mica schist, garnet schist, serpentinite, and slate
- Samples are numbered and stored in a sturdy, sectioned container for easy access and safe keeping
Metamorphic rocks form from the altered product of other rocks that have undergone intense heat and pressure conditions. These rocks are classified based on whether or not they are foliated, as well as the grade of metamorphism. This kit contains 12 numbered specimens and a specimen key.