Solar System Model, 13" - Three Dimensional - With Experiment Guide
or contact us for a list of options:
- SOLAR SYSTEM MODEL || This three dimensional model represents the relative position and movement of the planets around the sun
- SUN & PLANETS || Model features a 5.9" diameter sun and eight planets, including Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune
- DEMONSTRATE MOTION OF PLANETS || Each planet is situated on metal rods which can be manually moved around the sun to show relative motion
- STURDY BASE || Sun and planets are mounted on a sturdy base, which is labeled with each month of the year, allowing learners to explore the relative positions of the planets at during each month
- EXPERIMENT GUIDE INCLUDED || Model includes an experiment guide with three activities, various topics for further exploration and a grading rubric
This three dimensional model allows students to study our solar system - looking at planets' relative sizes and colors. It demonstrates why the planets are sometimes visible in the night sky and sometimes they are not.
The model features a 5.9" sun in the center, and has eight planets situated on metal bars which can be manually moved around the sun to show relative positions at various times during the year. Planets include Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. The sturdy base features a chart labeling each month and the location in degrees. The model stands 13" in total height, and the outer most (dwarf) planet measures 10.75" from the sun. With the planets lined up straight, the model measures 18.25" wide.
Model includes a comprehensive experiment guide that includes three activities, various topics for further exploration, a grading rubric and a planet location table.
|Instructions||No instructions available online. Please contact us for further assistance.|
|High Resolution Image||Please register as a teacher or distributor to view and download high resolution images.|