Eisco Labs Bivalve Fossil Replica - approx. 1" (3cm)
- Fossil replica of a Paleozoic bivalve shell measuring approximately 1" (3cm)
- Fossil is made from a sturdy resin designed to last through heavy classroom and laboratory use
- Bivalves such as this one usually bury themselves in sediment or another substrate to filter feed
- Perfect for use in the classroom during lessons on fossils and paleontology
- The animal represented by this replica is a distant relative of seashells found at the beach
This bivalve fossil replica looks like a shell you would find at the beach, but it is actually representative of an organism that lived millions of years ago. Bivalves are filter feeders that usually bury themselves underwater in the sand. This model is perfect for paleontology lessons. Bury it in the dirt and conduct your own fossil dig.