Hoffman Electrolysis Apparatus, with PTFE Stopcock
- Includes carbon electrodes in rubber stoppers (X2), platinum electrodes in rubber stoppers (X2), Hoffman electrolysis apparatus, and PFTE stopcocks (X2)
- Borosilicate 3.3 grade glassware
- Glassware clearly labeled
- 2 platinum electrodes included and 2 carbon electrodes included
- A ring stand and clamp are not included, but needed for unit to function, Eisco Labs Metal ware Set MTST1 is recommended
The Hoffman electrolysis apparatus with PTFE stopcock for mess free filling and draining is made of borosilicate 3.3 grade glass and includes the apparatus itself, 2 platinum electrodes in rubber stoppers, and 2 carbon electrodes in rubber stoppers. When paired with a clamp and stand this apparatus provides an effective and quantifiable method by which to perform electrolysis of water into hydrogen and oxygen.
Eisco Labs Borosilicate glass has the following heat tolerances: Strain Point -515°C | Annealing Point 565°C | Softening Point 820°C.