Physical Properties of Minerals Kit - Contains 12 specimens measuring approx. 1" (3cm) - Eisco Labs
- Kit contains twelve mineral samples and a specimen key
- Study the color, luster, hardness, crystal habit, streak, and specific density of each sample
- Perfect for mineral identification labs and exercises
- Samples contained include pyrite, hematite, limonite, graphite, gypsum, halite, calcite, augite, microcline, muscovite, olivine, and quartz
- Samples are numbered and stored in a sturdy, sectioned container for easy access and safe keeping
Minerals are identified based on a variety of physical properties. Most notable among these are luster, hardness, streak, cleavage, crystal habit, and color. This kit provides 12 specimens that exemplify one or more of these properties. Students of earth science will be able to explore the rhombic cleavage of calcite, compare the hardness of quartz and graphite, study pyrite's metallic luster, and much more. This kit contains 12 numbered specimens and a specimen key.