Eisco Igneous Rocks Kit - Contains 12 specimens measuring approx. 1" (3cm)
- Kit contains twelve igneous rock samples and a specimen key
- Study the texture and mineralogy of rock samples that cooled from molten material
- Great classroom tool for igneous rock classification and identification
- Samples contained include basalt, diorite, gabbro, granite, pegmatite, obsidian, peridotite, pumice, rhyolite, scoria, syenite, and tuff
- Samples are numbered and stored in a sturdy, sectioned container for easy access and safe keeping
Igneous rocks form from the cooling and crystallization of magma or lava. Igneous rocks can cool slowly underground or be shot hundreds of feet into the air. These rocks are classified based on their crystalline texture and chemical composition. This kit contains 12 numbered specimens and a specimen key.