Eisco Corundum Specimen (Mineral), Approx. 1" (3cm)
- Corundum sample approximately 1" (3cm) in size
- Great for studying mineral hardness and crystal habit - only diamond is harder!
- Perfect size for use in classroom identification labs and exercises, correlates well to Next Generation Science Standards Evidence Statements
- Ideal for exercises designed to distinguish between crystal habit and cleavage
- Specimen comes in clear labeled and barcoded bag for ideal storage
- Average Specimen Size - 2-3 cm
This aluminum oxide has a Mohs scale hardness of 9, making it one of the hardest minerals on the planet. Corundum often grows in long, hexagonal crystals, and can sometimes be found as gemstones, particularly ruby and sapphire. This mineral specimen is fantastic for use in mineral hardness exercises, as well as lessons in differentiating between cleavage and crystal habit.