Eisco Augite (Pyroxene Mineral) Specimen, Approx. 1" (3cm)
- Augite sample approximately 1" (3cm) in size
- Great for students to study 2-plane, 90° cleavage
- Perfect size for use in classroom identification labs and exercises, correlates well to Next Generation Science Standards Evidence Statements
- An imperative sample for lessons on Bowen's reaction series
- Specimen comes in clear labeled and barcoded bag for ideal storage
- Average Specimen Size - 2-3 cm
Augite is a mineral from the pyroxene group, a collection of minerals that form as magma is cooling. Exhibiting 2 perpendicular planes of cleavage and a white streak, augite is an ideal pyroxene to use for mineral identification and physical property exercises. Its formation mechanism makes it a handy visual aid during lessons on Bowen's reaction series as well.