Eisco Arkose Sandstone Specimen (Sedimentary Rock), Approx. 1" (3cm)
- Arkose sample approximately 1" (3cm) in size
- Small, angular grains indicate deposition in an ephemeral river system near to the clast source
- Perfect size for use in classroom identification labs and exercises, correlates well to Next Generation Science Standards Evidence Statements
- Great for offering a modest challenge to students during identification and depositional history exercises
- Specimen comes in clear labeled and barcoded bag for ideal storage
- Average Specimen Size - 2-3 cm
Arkose is a clastic sedimentary rock made up of angular, poorly-sorted sand-size grains. The large, proximal nature of the clasts in arkose make this a useful specimen for identifying the provenance and interpreting the depositional environment for the rock.