Eisco Chalk Limestone Specimen (Sedimentary Rock), Approx. 1" (3cm) - Pack of 12
- Twelve chalk limestone samples approximately 1" (3cm) in size
- Chalk is made up of coccolithophores, microscopic fossils composed of calcium carbonate
- Perfect size for use in classroom identification labs and exercises, correlates well to Next Generation Science Standards Evidence Statements
- Great example of a sedimentary rock formed chemically
- Specimen comes in clear labeled and barcoded bag for ideal storage
- Average Specimen size - 2-3 cm
Limestone is made up of organic material, mostly calcium carbonate. The chalk variety is made up of the shells of coccolithophores, small platy animals that stack together and powder easily. Large layers of chalk indicate a low-oxygen environment, most likely the bed of an ancient seafloor.