Eisco Siltstone Specimen (Sedimentary Rock), Approx. 1" (3cm) - Pack of 12
- Twelve siltstone samples approximately 1" (3cm) in size
- Clastic sedimentary rock made up of fine silt particles
- Perfect size for use in classroom identification labs and exercises, correlates well to Next Generation Science Standards Evidence Statements
- Good sample for use in identifying depositional environments - clast size is indicative of a low-energy environment
- Specimen comes in clear labeled and barcoded bag for ideal storage
- Average Specimen Size - 2-3 cm
Siltstone is a clastic rock made up of small, nearly microscopic grains of silt. For clasts such as these to be deposited and lithified, they must be in an environment with slowly moving or still water. This diagnostic feature makes siltstone particularly useful for exercises in depositional history.