Eisco Amphibolite Specimen (Metamorphic Rock), Approx. 1" (3cm)
- Amphibolite sample approximately 1" (3cm) in size
- Formed from further pressure and thermal alteration of hornblende, fusing and foliating the mineral crystals
- Perfect size for use in classroom identification labs and exercises, correlates well to Next Generation Science Standards Evidence Statements
- Ideal for students studying hydrothermal alteration of rocks and minerals
- Specimen comes in clear labeled and barcoded bag for ideal storage
- Average Specimen Size - 2-3 cm
Amphibolite is formed from hornblende that has undergone a significant amount of differential pressure. The crystals within the rock have been foliated, indicating the direction of stress that the rock experienced. This sample is useful in classroom exercises focused on identifying and classifying metamorphic rocks.