Density Cubes Set - 6 Metals - For Density Investigation
- Set of 6 metal cubes include: Brass, Lead, Iron, Copper, Aluminum and Zinc
- Cubes measure 10mm (0.4") on each side
- Excellent for Physics Classrooms. Density Cubes have a wide range of educational applications for all grade levels, including density investigation, specific heat and specific gravity exploration
- Includes a plastic snap top case for convenient storage
- Includes manual with background information, properties of each metal, and student activities with questions
The Density Cube Set includes 6 metal cubes with 10mm (0.4") sides: Brass, Lead, Copper, Iron, Aluminum & Zinc. Density Cubes have a wide range of educational applications for all grade levels, including density investigation, specific heat and specific gravity exploration. The included experiment manual contains background information, properties of each metal, and student activities with questions. Set comes in a plastic, snap top case for easy storage. Excellent for physics classrooms. Note: Due to the nature of raw metals, some oxidation or corrosion due to humidity and storage may occur. Simply scuff any oxidation off to make cube look brand new again. These density cubes are designed to be used in an educational setting and are not fabricated using ultra high precision machining. Expect tolerances in the +/- 5% range of any stated dimensions (although they are generally much tighter).
The Eisco Labs Density Investigation series is designed to help students identify and figure out mass, understand the relationship between mass/volume/density, understand specific heat and specific gravity, and other introductory physics and chemistry concepts.