Eisco Labs Nichrome Resistance Wire, 50ft Reel, 18 Gauge SWG - 16/17 AWG - 0.048" Dia.
- LABORATORY BLEND | It is a low nickel (0.5%), high iron alloy of Nichrome that allows for laboratory uses. It's makeup is 0.5% Ni, 15% Cr, 4% Al, Balance Fe.
- Designed for science experiments but can also be used in heaters and electrical appliances. For Laboratory Use Only. Not for drug, food, or household use. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use for anything related to human consumption.
- Maximum operating temperature 1150°C, Electrical resistivity at 20°C | mm2/m - 1.25
- Lengths are derived from diameter, density, and mass - they are not exact (but should be quite close). Note, on many rolls, there is an initial layer then black paper covering the remainder of the spool.
- Available in various diameters from .048" to .0108" (16/17 AWG to 33/34 AWG)
This is nichrome wire that can be used in many applications in the classroom or lab. It is a low nickel (0.5%), high iron alloy of Nichrome that allows for laboratory uses. It's makeup is 0.5% Ni, 15% Cr, 4% Al, Balance Fe. Maximum operating temperature is 1150°C. Density is 6.74g/cm^3
Many industrial and hobby hot wire foam cutters also use Nichrome wire. Nichrome wire is also commonly used in ceramics, as an internal support structure to help some elements of clay sculptures hold their shape while they are still soft. Nichrome wire is used because of its ability to withstand the high temperatures.
Note: The wire is sold by weight. The lengths are approximations based on the density, weight, and thickness of the wire.