Turbidity Tube with Secchi Disk, 120cm Scale
- Used to determine the clarity and water quality of ponds, lakes, streams, groundwater, and oceans
- 120cm scale printed on the outside of tube
- Fill the tube with sample, drain, and record the height at which the secchi disc pattern becomes visible
- Made of shatter-resistant plastic fitted with a heavy rubber stopper with secchi disc and flexible drainage hose
- A manual with background and instructions for use is included
The Turbidity Tube with Secchi Disc is the perfect tool for measuring water clarity of ponds, lakes, streams, oceans, and other sources. It consists of a shatter-resistant plastic tube fitted with a clamped drainage hose and rubber stopper with secchi disk at the bottom. Easy to use and accurate, just fill the tube with your sample and and slowly drain it by loosening the Hoffman clip on the hose. Once the alternating black & white quadrant pattern of the secchi disk becomes visible from the top, record the height of the water as measured by the 120cm scale printed on the outside of the tube. Size: 51" tall x 2" diameter.