Eisco Biotite Mica Specimen (Mineral), Approx. 1" (3cm)
- Biotite mica sample approximately 1" (3cm) in size
- Useful when teaching students about variable hardness and cleavage - mica's thinly layered structure is unique
- Perfect size for use in classroom identification labs and exercises, correlates well to Next Generation Science Standards Evidence Statements
- Pair with muscovite mica to demonstrate the effects of slight variations in a mineral's chemistry
- Specimen comes in clear labeled and barcoded bag for ideal storage
- Average Specimen Size - 2-3 cm
Biotite mica is a mineral that forms from cooling magma. It forms in thin sheets that are individually weak, but comprehensively strong. Useful when teaching lessons about physical properties of minerals, as well as Bowen's reaction series. A couple samples can also act as polarizers.